Slow Smoked Salmon on the Good-One Smokers
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 6 5- to 6-ounce salmon fillets with skin
- ½ Cup of Three Little Pig’s Kansas City BBQ rub
- ½ Cup of Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ Sauce
- Stir first 4 ingredients in large bowl until both sugars dissolve. Add salmon, skin side up, to brine, pressing to submerge. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove salmon from brine; discard brine. Rinse salmon under cold water. Place salmon, skin side down, on rack. Let stand until top is dry to touch (do not pat dry), about 1 hour.
- Lightly apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil to non-skin side of salmon.
- Apply Three Little Pig’s All Purpose BBQ rub to non-skin side of salmon.
- Prepare Good-One Smoker with All Natural Lump Charcoal and set smoking temp to 225 degrees for the Salmon.
- Arrange salmon, skin side down, on rectangle. Place salmon on foil on grill. Add your choice of flavor wood (Cherry) to the smoker, cook until salmon is firm to touch and glaze forms over salmon, usually 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove salmon from foil, leaving skin on foil. Lightly glaze with Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ Sauce, transfer salmon to platter; serve warm or at room temperature. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)