Smoked Paddle-fish Recipe on the Good-One Smoker/Grill
Paddle fish are a cousin to sturgeon and are also known as spoonbill, spoonbill cat and shovel nose cat. Paddle fish seldom bite a baited hook, but on occasion are “snagged” accidentally by anglers using treble hooks.
Spoonbill is a great tasting fish – as long as you clean it right. A fish under 65 pounds is the best tasting; smaller even better.
If you only keep the ones under 10 pounds, you usually do not have ...Continue Reading →
Spicy Grilled Shrimp on the Good-One Smoker/Grill
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley-chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Three Little Pigs Spicy Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Asian Chile Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, parsley, ...
Slow Smoked Salmon on the Good-One Smokers
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 6 5- to 6-ounce salmon fillets with skin
- ½ Cup of Three Little Pig’s Kansas City BBQ rub
- ½ Cup of Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ Sauce
- Stir first 4 ingredients in large bowl until both sugars dissolve. Add salmon, skin side up, to brine, pressing to submerge. Cover and refrigerate overnight. ...
- (1) 6-7 oz. Maine lobster tail
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove fresh garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon of Three Little Pigs Championship Rub
Prepare the butter mixture:
- Mix the butter, lemon juice, minced garlic, and Three Little Pig’s Chamapionship Rub together. Separate this into two bowls. One-half for brushing on before and during smoking, and one-half reserved ...