Smoked Paddle-fish Recipe on the Good-One Smoker/Grill
Paddle fish are a cousin to sturgeon and are also known as spoonbill, spoonbill cat and shovel nose cat. Paddle fish seldom bite a baited hook, but on occasion are “snagged” accidentally by anglers using treble hooks.
Spoonbill is a great tasting fish – as long as you clean it right. A fish under 65 pounds is the best tasting; smaller even better.
If you only keep the ones under 10 pounds, you usually do not have ...Continue Reading →
Slow Smoked Salmon on the Good-One Smokers
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 6 5- to 6-ounce salmon fillets with skin
- ½ Cup of Three Little Pig’s Kansas City BBQ rub
- ½ Cup of Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ Sauce
- Stir first 4 ingredients in large bowl until both sugars dissolve. Add salmon, skin side up, to brine, pressing to submerge. Cover and refrigerate overnight. ...
(Brisket on a Stick)
On the Good-One Smoker
- Begin by removing the fat and the very tough silver skin from the top of the meat.
- Remove the membrane from the exposed side of the bones.
- After stripping the membrane from the back of the beef ribs, layer