Smoked Deer Jerky Recipe
On the Good-One Smoker
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cranberry-grape juice
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (such as Soy Vay®)
- 1 Tablespoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 2 Tablespoons steak sauce (such as A1®)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 lbs Deer Roast, cut into 1/4 inch slices against the grain
- Three Little Pigs™ Memphis Style BBQ Rub
- Whisk together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cranberry-grape juice,teriyaki sauce, hot sauce, steak sauce, brown sugar, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into a re-seal-able plastic bag along with the sliced deer roast,make sure that all the meat is covered with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
- Prep The Good-One® Smoker to about 275° F.
- Remove the Deer roast from the marinade and wipe off the excess.
- Apply Three Little Pigs™ Memphis Style Rub.
- Place the deer roast strips onto the wire racks of the smoker. It is OK if the meat is touching, but do not stack.
- Place the racks into the smoker, and smoke until the jerky has dried and will break when bent.
Chris Marks -Chief BBQ Expert- Good-One Manufacturing